23 January 2008

Waiting Bites, But God is Good


Frustration! Our friends, the Clarks' (an OCEAN family pictured above with Michael at Elianna Ray's dedication party last fall) court date ended disappointingly. They must redo their power of attorney, state authentication, federal certification, and resend all those items to Ethiopia, and then get in line for another court date. It's likely that by then their CIS fingerprinting will have expired, so they'll have to jump through that hoop again as well. The fact that they were one of 19 families whose paperwork was denied is not encouraging. Just the other night we were celebrating that the Clarks' long wait for their babies in Ethiopia is almost over, but now it is extended... again.

It's incredible that we were referred our babies at the same time, and now Ray Ray has been home for 5 months and they still don't have two completed adoptions! How agonizing! I can't imagine their frustration. Please pray with Michael and me for these dear friends, Randy & Susan and their kids Julia, Marissa, and Gabriel. The precious children they have been waiting for so long are named Sophia (adoption incomplete) & Elijah (adoption complete).

Waiting stinks. Waiting just cuts to the bone, doesn't it?

Somehow this interminable wait is the Lord's plan. It's so hard to see from our perspective, and maybe we'll never know, but both Susan and Randy continue to be inspiringly faithful in the knowledge that the Lord is a loving, gracious Father who works all things for good. And, as Susan said on Sunday, He walks us through the valley. He doesn't leave us there to stay. Praise the Lord!

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside quiet waters,
He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
forever.

What a celebration we shall have when little Sophia & Elijah are finally home with their Forever Family! We are gonna PARTY! I know that all Heaven will rejoice with us!

3 comments:

A Team said...

What? Why did that happen? I don't understand.

I am so sorry...
We will pray for them.

Unknown said...

Hello!! A lot of people complain and about not being able to leave comments.If they are not visible you just need to click under my last post and they will show. I will be praying for your friend but how this happened? I love your little Ray Ray and the way you always dress them the same. The look so cute.

Mastrella Madness!!!! said...

Oh how frustrating!!!!! We will keep them in our prayers!!!!