09 January 2008

Get Fit Plan


Alright, you asked for it...

Like many of my local family and friends, several of my blogging buddies have questioned how much weight I've lost since I started "I Don't Want To Hate My Weight in '08".

As IF! Talk about NOSY!

Well, alright if you must know, it's less than the heft of a medium sized dog and more than that a very fat cat. It's a sizable number, a number I'm pretty proud of, a number I'll never say out loud as long as I live but Michael will tell you in one second flat if you ask him because he forgets that it's PRIVATE!

*breathing*

I'm OK now.

Question #2 is invariably about what diet am I on now that I've publicly resolved to get back into my skinny jeans. I wish I could offer you encouragement that there is a menu program out there that satisfies your cravings and is easy as PIE, but...

Mine's a fairly simple two-step plan, really:

1. Eat almost nothing.

2. Run a lot.

What do you think? Who else is trying to get in fighting trim?

7 comments:

Liesl said...

You crack me up! I enjoy your two-step plan (well, not "enjoy" as in "sounds like fun" but enjoy as in "wow...it's that simple!")

Good luck on your venture and I will look forward to the updates (without asking for numbers, of course) :)

~Liesl
www.irwin-update.blogspot.com

Tanya & Ramsey said...

LOL. Ok that was funny. Sounds like me... I have been loosing weight now for a few months.. and I hate when people ask me.. lol..

Tanya

Nicholas said...

Laurie-
ME TOO - Diet that is! I'm doing weight watchers (again)....

Good for you - Lori

Deanna said...

Yup, I am right where you are... You know what really stinks? I have come to the conclusion that I will have to eat hardly anything and run a lot for the rest of my life. Well, at least until I am 70 years old, then I am COMPLETELY letting myself go. It will be Oreos and Pizza Rolls every night.

Anyway, congratulations! I hope that you will keep us updated from time to time on the girth of the animal.

Anonymous said...

I'm on the 'get fit in 08' plan!! Not going so well since I've caught a sore throat, (no doubt from all the hysterical laughing at your house on Sunday!!! we had such fun with you!). But good for you for making progress!! Here is my goal:
gym 3 times a week, walk 45 minutes off days
eat less of most every food EXCEPT veggies

Rebecca said...

i'm on the plan! i've been sick since the new year, but i still went to the gym tonight! here's to getting fit in '08!

ErinOrtlund said...

Me! I'm trying to make lots of South Beach meals, and not gorge myself on all the many things I find scrumptious. Also just bought "French Women Don't Get Fit"--I've skimmed it before and I like how she emphasizes having a healthy and balanced lifestyle, rather than being on a diet.