01 January 2008

Happy New Year 2008!

Happy 2008!

After a long day at the folks' for our traditional Swedish pancakes New Year's breakfast, swimming in the pool, watching the Rose Parade and the USC game (Fight on, Trojans!), playing board games, and going to the beach like we do every year, here I am ready to tackle my resolution list. A new year. A fresh start. Actually, I already blew half of the list today, but let's just keep that little tidbit between us...

OK, so I'm in denial that it's a weensy ideal, but I'm going for it anyway!
  • Read through the Bible beginning to end again. I'm using McCheyne's Readings this year.
  • Practice being thankful for all the Lord's blessings. My Poppy is so great at this, so he's inspired me.
  • Be more patient and easygoing with the kids. (i.e. less of a nasty ol' crank by the end of the day!) This is a big one for me, I'm sorry to say.
  • Thinking of the above -- go to bed earlier so I'm more rested and cheery for the day ahead!
  • Plan more dates and weekends away with Michael where we don't talk about the kids, or homeschooling, or the business at all! Laugh if you want, but when you've got a passel of kids, and homeschooling, and your own business you seriously need to make it a rule. "Ah-ah-ah, no kid talk! Oops, no business ideas! Shhh, don't mention field trips! I don't want to hear about library books! Wheesht! Don't even think about your Blackberry!"
  • Get organized. *sigh* I've been backsliding in that department, I admit.
  • Run and hit the gym more regularly. I've been doing OK running, but I think I've been to the gym maybe 4 or 5 times since we got home from Africa. Not good. Not good at all.
  • And last, but truthfully probably at the top of my list... Finish losing the junk in my trunk before our vacation this summer!
I warned you that it was ideal, but I've also discovered that I might as well Xerox this list for half of my friends because we're all shooting for the same things. At least we'll have a nice little support group, right?!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

4 comments:

emily said...

I was going to offer being accountablity partners before I read the last part- what a great way to stay on track. Your list is exactly like mine!!

2008 will be a great year!

Laurzie said...

No, no, no, I'd LOVE to be accountability partners! :D 2008 WILL be great!

Anonymous said...

What a good list! I'll join you for playdates! I'm going to try to get better with being proactive (not reactive) with my calendar and our social time! I love the new blog design, btw. :)

Tanya & Ramsey said...

Hello,
Just thought I would say what a gorgeous family..I see you are in southern california also.. We are in San Clemente... and we attend Calvary Chapel... We are at the start of the long journey to our son... but it will be worth it in the end!!!

Tanya