11 November 2008

Veterans Day







One of the things I love about my darling is that he makes a point to thank and honor every person he meets who serves or has served in our armed forces. He has taught our kids to always introduce themselves to military personnel and to thank them. When he sees someone in uniform in a restaurant, he always foots the bill for their meal with a note of thanks. I cannot tell you how many times I've seen people tear up at his appreciation and be so very blessed by the honor given them. And, as a result, my kids all respect and are proud of our military as well. I just love that about Michael.

We're headed up to the Reagan Library to honor our veterans today. Happy Veterans Day and a heartfelt THANK YOU to every service man and woman past and present!

12 comments:

Rebecca Lily said...

I LOVE THAT. What a wonderful thing to instill in your children! Respect for our military is very important to me too, as both my grandfathers and my father-in-law served their country. Paying for the meal in the restaurant... I think we'll steal that idea!

xoxo

The Redman's said...

Just another reason why we love your family! :) Thanks for the post. Enjoy your day.

Kelli said...

Your family is beautiful!!! I found your blog via another blog. We have 2 adopted sons, one from Guatemala and the other was a domestic adoption, he is hispanic as well. My oldest, Kaleb, has changed his name to Cubby and now refers to me as Africa. We have no idea where he got this, but we wonder if maybe we are supposed to adopt from Africa next. The Lord does work in mysterious ways!!!!

Nicholas said...

How beautiful!

Liesl said...

Wow...that is awesome. Definitely an example that I would like to learn from. Thanks so much for sharing that!

DrewCareyShow said...

That's wonderful! I remember once arriving at LAX and hearing a ton of applause and wondering who the celebrities were. Then I realized that a few gates ahead of us a bunch of men & women who had just returned from serving in Iraq were arriving. The airport spontaneously burst into applause and the applause followed them all the way out of the airport. It was a grand moment and an impacting reminder of what a gift these men and women are to our country. I think I might just run with your idea of footing the bill for them when dining out too. What a wonderful show of appreciation.

Anonymous said...

Thank YOU and your family. As a wife, sister, and neice of Veterans I see how humbled and proud my husband, brother, and uncles get when people like you say thank you to them.

Yesterday was a wonderful day.

Tish said...

just catching up on your recenet posts....all of which are incredible!!!! thanks for all the good stuff!

Kristi J said...

thanks for your sweet comment..I will pass on your "thanks", kristi

Nicholas said...

I never mentioned that my guy is a veteran of the gulf war... US Navy!

My MP...

Laurzie said...

I did know that, Lori, and it's part of why my MP & I love your MP already! :)

ErinOrtlund said...

Great idea! I never would have thought of that--but it makes so much sense!