07 November 2008

Abe


Some of you know this little guy. Isn't he a treasure? Abe came home from Ethiopia, his birth country, in August. He and his family, the Alexanders, are very dear to our hearts. They need our prayers now. It would seem that Abe suffered several strokes while he was in his birth mother's womb that resulted in neurological damage.

Please, join me in praying for sweet Abe and for Moody, Emily, Wick, Hill, Avery, and Issy, too. The Lord calls us to pray for big things, hard things, real live miracles.

Moody and Em, we love you and we're praying.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

"Oh Lord my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me."
Psalm 30:2

"But Jesus hearing this answered him,
'Do not fear, only believe, and she will be well.'" Luke 8:50


10 comments:

emily said...

Thank you sweet friend! We believe He will work mighty miracles through Abe and all glory and honor will be given to Him!

Love you dearly.

Nicholas said...

I love this post Laurie, and we're praying here too, every day...

darci said...

oh praying..for all of them and that sweet baby boy.

Anonymous said...

Found your blog from Em's. I feel like I know so many in the blog world from hearing her talk about you guys and what a blessing you are in their lives. I love that so many are pulling together for precious Abe!

PS- The second picture is one from my wedding. Stephanie Davis was my wedding photographer and all the Alexanders except for Moody and Abers were standing in the wedding. (which explains the tuxes and cute dresses)

Kristi J said...

What a beautiful post!! They are such a sweet family..I know Abe is in good hands and will be able to get all the help he needs by living with the Alexanders...Praying for this family, kristi

Julie said...

Abe is constantly in our thoughts. You are a sweet friend. (:

Rebecca Lily said...

What a precious family and little boy! Lifting them up this evening...

Liesl said...

I follow this family's blog and feel like I know them (well, know of them, I suppose) and my heart breaks for what they are going through. I am so thankful that our God is sovereign even in situations we may not understand...and will definitely be praying extra hard for this sweet family over these coming days. Thanks so much for posting this.

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful post Laurie...we are all praying for Abe and his special family.

Erica said...

Catching up on blogs.....absolutely praying for this precious family.