I've been tagged by Lori, Heidi, and Heather. Ooooh, I'm gonna get you girls for this later!
1. I can tell how fast I'm going in a car (as driver or passenger) without looking at the speedometer to within 1-2 mph. It's my superpower (well, that and vomiting quietly).
2. My childhood nickname was "Laurz-Drawerz" (long story that I'm not telling) or "Laurzie"... certain family members still call me both.
3. I am deathly afraid of heights. It's bad. At Wild Rivers last summer the kids convinced me to try a waterslide that looked a little high for me. I couldn't resist the double-dog dare though, so I just decided not to look down while climbing the stairs. Up, up, up we went, and once we hit the top and I finally saw how high we were... I immediately threw myself flat on my belly and had to army crawl to the slide. Not cool. My poor kids almost died from embarrassment. Must. Conquer. Heights.
4. I can't listen to Christmas music or put up decorations until the day after Thanksgiving. It's simply impossible for me. At our folks' house every year once we finish eating pie, Poppy & Nana ask all the grandkids, "Is Thanksgiving over?" Everyone yells, "Yes! Merry Christmas!" and then we blast "Joy to the World" and sing along. It's such a fun tradition.
5. Speaking of Christmas, I completely contradict my own No-Christmas-Before-Thanksgiving rule and I have to finish all my shopping before Thanksgiving. It's just my deal. So sue me. It helps me feel a little more sane in December to have everything bought and (usually) wrapped early. Of course, it doesn't actually make me more sane...
6. I have excellent hearing. That's my third superpower. Never whisper around me. I know way too many secrets already...
7. Oh! I also figure out mysteries before the end of the book/show. Almost every time. It makes Michael totally insane. In every other way he's at least 10 times smarter than me.
There you go! Now, everybody in the world has probably already been tagged, but I'll still pass this on to:
Liz, Misty, Carey, Tish, Shelley, Melissa, and Lori!
“Get back to your burdens”
12 hours ago