03 November 2008

Tagged!



I've been tagged by Lori, Heidi, and Heather. Ooooh, I'm gonna get you girls for this later!

1. I can tell how fast I'm going in a car (as driver or passenger) without looking at the speedometer to within 1-2 mph. It's my superpower (well, that and vomiting quietly).

2. My childhood nickname was "Laurz-Drawerz" (long story that I'm not telling) or "Laurzie"... certain family members still call me both.

3. I am deathly afraid of heights. It's bad. At Wild Rivers last summer the kids convinced me to try a waterslide that looked a little high for me. I couldn't resist the double-dog dare though, so I just decided not to look down while climbing the stairs. Up, up, up we went, and once we hit the top and I finally saw how high we were... I immediately threw myself flat on my belly and had to army crawl to the slide. Not cool. My poor kids almost died from embarrassment. Must. Conquer. Heights.

4. I can't listen to Christmas music or put up decorations until the day after Thanksgiving. It's simply impossible for me. At our folks' house every year once we finish eating pie, Poppy & Nana ask all the grandkids, "Is Thanksgiving over?" Everyone yells, "Yes! Merry Christmas!" and then we blast "Joy to the World" and sing along. It's such a fun tradition.

5. Speaking of Christmas, I completely contradict my own No-Christmas-Before-Thanksgiving rule and I have to finish all my shopping before Thanksgiving. It's just my deal. So sue me. It helps me feel a little more sane in December to have everything bought and (usually) wrapped early. Of course, it doesn't actually make me more sane...

6. I have excellent hearing. That's my third superpower. Never whisper around me. I know way too many secrets already...

7. Oh! I also figure out mysteries before the end of the book/show. Almost every time. It makes Michael totally insane. In every other way he's at least 10 times smarter than me.

There you go! Now, everybody in the world has probably already been tagged, but I'll still pass this on to:


Liz, Misty, Carey, Tish, Shelley, Melissa, and Lori!

6 comments:

Tish said...

hey you...you are one woman with many superpowers! very funny!

my mom just passed away last night and i am heading to IL today...so thatnks for thinking of me, but i have to pass on the tag!

Laurzie said...

Of course, sweetie. Again, I'm so sorry about your mama. I'll be praying for you and your family especially over the next few days. Please, let me know if you need anything or just want to chat. Even though she's rejoicing in Heaven and that such a happy thing, my heart hurts for you right now during this grieving time. Praying...

Nicholas said...

I love all of these but number 4 is just wrong! All wrong! ;)

Ditto on the hearing, ditto on the heights thing - big time and just plain ditto because you're funny!

Sorry for the tag... don't hate me!

darci said...

so fun to read. but come on Laurz-Drawerz you have to share the story behind that nickname! :)

I Love Purple More Than You said...

Vomiting quietly? Now that IS a super power!

Anonymous said...

OK, I am totally with you on both Christmas rules - I've been hiding gifts around the house, but NOTHING will happen until after Thanksgiving. I am also very afraid of heights - not really caring about conquering I must say! But the vomiting. Oh how I wish I could be silent. I could probably wake the neighbors :) Sorry to tag, but happy to see a few more tidbits about wonder woman (how DO you did it all???)