25 August 2007

We're Home!

As we were landing at LAX, I found myself singing with Andre Crouch in my head...

Thank You, Lord
I thank You, Lord
Thank You, Lord
I just want to take a little time right now
And thank You, Lord, for all You've done for me.
I just want to take a little time right now
And thank You, Lord, for all You've done for me.

After more than a day of flying from Addis Ababa to Khartoum, Sudan, to Frankfurt, Germany (where we hugged and kissed the Redmans and little Grace, the Belchers and little Caleb, and Schneiders and Hope goodbye until we meet again), to Los Angeles, Michael and I were so grateful to hit ground and be HOME. Then after passing through Customs (through the New Immigrants line) and collecting our bags, we were greeting by a wild bunch of screaming friends and family! What a fun homecoming for us!

Thank you, everyone, for all your phone messages, emails, and cards. We are overwhelmed by your expressions of love. We are so blessed to be home now with our FIVE kids! Give us a few days to recuperate and get back in the right time zone and then you can come over for coffee. Lord knows we've got plenty!

We love you,
Michael and Laurie, Margot, Ricker, Jackie, Evangeline & Elianna Hausam

(pics coming)

2 comments:

emily said...

Welcome Home! What a joy it was to read along and pray for your time in Addis.

Louise said...

Welcome home...I am in Canada, Home with Nathaniel from Ethiopia in Nov 07.
I was wondering if you would mind sharing your photos of Enat Alem Orphanage...my son was there for a month but we were not able to visit when we were in Addis. Thanks
Louise Reid Weezyreid@yahoo.ca