Halloween around here was sort of a bust. Usually a day or two before Halloween we throw a big party with games, apple bobbing, pumpkin carving and painting, and a costume contest, and then skip trick-or-treating and head to our church's Fall Fun Night. But, because we're still laying a little bit low adjusting to being a family of seven, we put off the party until next year, and then Jackie and Evangeline weren't feeling well on the 31st. BOO!
Marg & Ricker went to church with Uncle Buddy, Auntie Becky, Johnny, and Lincoln, and the rest of us stayed home and answered the door for trick-or-treaters after going to a few houses just so the little kids could wear their costumes for a while. We had fun anyway, but I didn't like not being all together. Boo on that!
Anyway, now that we're into Thanksgiving season, my friend Roxie reminded me that it's time to start my thankful list! Yea! I'm going to take time each day to think of a few things that I'm grateful for and thank the Lord for them as the list grows.
OK, here we go.
I'm thankful for:
- Salvation, the Lord's grace for me every day, and God's provision for our family
- 16 years with Michael, his deliciously twisted sense of humor, and that we have so much fun together
- Our most precious babies - Margie, Ricker, Jackie, Evangeline & Elianna Ray
- Our extended family, whom we lean on, learn from, and admire so greatly
- Our church family
- Our dear friends, who "live, laugh, and love" with us
- Our new OCEAN (Orange County Ethiopian Adoption Network) group!
What are you thankful for today?