30 August 2008

Pray for Abby



This little beauty (above) is Abby. She has stolen my heart with her electric smile. I came to know the Riggs family because while we were in Ethiopia last year, I met this extraordinary girl, Samrawit (below).



Because of the miracle of adoption Abby and Sami are now sisters, and they have four brothers and another sister, too!

Abby has leukemia. She has been incredibly brave, but this is a long journey for her, so we need the Body of Christ to lift her up in prayer for complete healing and for endurance during the next 2 1/2 years of treatment. Brent & Michelle regularly blog updates, so please follow along with me in soaking prayer for Abby.

God is bigger than leukemia. I know that He is using this experience for the spread of the Gospel, too. Praise the Lord for the witness that the Riggs family already is, and continues to be as they are so faithful in relying on the Lord's strength and remaining joyful during this trial. I am so inspired by them!

"Then little children were brought to Jesus

for Him to place His hands on them and pray for them.

But the disciples rebuked those who brought them. Jesus said,

"Let the little children come unto me, and do not hinder them,

for the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these."

Matthew 19.13-14

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Sending up my thoughts and prayers...

Nicholas said...

It's a very sad thing and I've been thinking of her for a few days since reading a post on Amy B's blog... poor little peanut.

Our prayers are certainly with her and her family during this trying time...

Lor

FHL said...

I will definitely pray.

The Redman's said...

We've been praying. She's such a ray of sunshine... absolutely precious!!!

Also, how do you get your blog list to show when new posts have been done??

-Suzi

Tish said...

we love fernando, too, and always appreciate when he leads worship at our church. do you have any videos online of YOU singing???

Laurzie said...

Haha, I'll never tell... ;)

~Laura~ said...

Praying for her.

Rebecca Lily said...

I prayed for this family when I read your post. What a sweet, sweet girl! You are right Laurie, God is bigger!!! It is nothing for Him to heal. Thank you for posting about this family so we can pray for them.

Love,
Rebecca