22 October 2008

Out of Order

I'm so sorry that I've been almost completely absent for the last couple of weeks. My computer went AWOL so (except for my phone) I've been in involuntary internet isolation! *gasp*

I know my emails and reader list are stacking up. Forgive me if you've been waiting for a response.

Life has been exciting as usual. I'll fill you in on the flood and living without a kitchen and dining room later. Remember the whole five kids and homeschooling thing? Yeah, it's been a little interesting lately... I'm practicing patience and flexibility!

Who's looking forward to a big home renovation job over the holidays??? Show of hands? Oh yeah, it's me! Actually I'm very excited about it even though the timing could be a little better.

Hopefully, my trusty computer will be back on duty tomorrow. Until then!

"Come unto Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Matthew 11.28-30

12 comments:

I Love Purple More Than You said...

WOW. I was gonna email you and see if you'd fallen off the face of the planet... but it sounds like you were washed away in a flood. Sounds horrible, though maybe not as horrible as being off-line for so long! What torture!!!

Michelle Riggs said...

missed hearing form you. Glad you will be back soon.

Rebecca said...

Yikes! Sounds like you guys have had quite an adventure! Can't wait to see the 'new' home.

Nicholas said...

Oh Laurie, how horrible!! I know of someone that can really help you out wonderfully. Your MP would totally hate me (as most husbands do after I meet with their wives) but here are the facts:

1. I love California more than you know!

2. I design the most spectacular kitchens!

3. Most of all - I would love to meet you finally!

See how simple!?!

Seriously - it'll be fine, a pain in the butt of course but fine! :(

xo

Unknown said...

Good to see you are back!

Wolfemom said...

Welcome back Laurie! I missed you! Sorry to hear of your flood... but I'm all for the house updates. Wanted to let you know we passed court, because God is good!! Leaving on Nov 8th (pretty sure, still waiting for confirmation from travel agent).
Kathy

The Redman's said...

I've missed you!!! Glad to see you "back" and hopefully the kitchen won't take too long. We started ours in March, and, well...... it's still not totally done! :)

Gives hugs to everyone from us!!

Laurzie said...

Melissa dear, I accidentally double posted and when I corrected my goof I deleted your comment! Sorry about that. Xo

FHL said...

Ugh...that's aweful!!! The great news is that I'm sure this week is bound to be better! :o)

Big hug and hoping that your family has a beautiful day tomorrow!

M~

Tish said...

so glad to know you are OK...even if your computer, dining room, and kitchen are not! you've been missed!

Rebecca Lily said...

Laurie, I am so happy to see you back!! I'm so sorry about the "bumps in the road" lately - we've had a few of those ourselves!! I so appreciated the verse from Matthew you posted. That really ministered to my heart tonight. :)

Kristi J said...

Glad you're back...missed your posts, Kristi Johnson