This month the Lord impressed on me over and over again that He is King. King of all Creation, King of all days from the beginning to the end, King of all heaven and earth, King of my life, my plans and everything I consider "mine", King of me.
Rejoice, the Lord is King!
Your Lord and King adore;
Mortals give thanks and sing, and triumph evermore;
Lift up your heart, lift up your voice;
Rejoice, again I say, rejoice!
- Charles Wesley, from Moral and Sacred Poems, 1744
"The Lord has established His Throne in Heaven, and His Kingdom rules over all."
- Starting off the month with a thud. Girls' Night Out got sabotaged. Not even a chick flick and margaritas could salvage it. So, I'm thankful for a dear girlfriend who shared it with me! I'm thankful for friends like Karen who lift me up, let me come alongside when they are hurting, and help me find strength in God. (1 Sam 23.16)
- That our Lord Jesus is King over all.
- Gabriella Joy, the precious one who the Lord graciously let me mother for a beautiful 3 1/2 months.
- Family night, dinner, telling good jokes, bad jokes, knock knock jokes, and nonsensical jokes, and especially our dance party... My kids can boogie!
- A sweet friend checking in (Thanks, Em!)
- A fun family birthday party for our nephew Morgan
- Coming to a final decision after waiting on the Lord and searching our hearts for a very long time. Knowing that He has walked before us, and with us, and that we can rest in His sufficiency.
- Kissing and making up! Thank You, Lord, for creating kissing. That was an excellent idea.
- Learning more about God's Kingship and magesty... the Elohim doesn't just want to be King in my life. He already is whether I acknowledge Him as such or not.
- God's endless forgiveness and mercy. (Ps. 38.1)
- Lunch with the Chambers girls, and dinner with Yateses
- Palm Springs with the Redmans!
- Crisping in the sun at La Quinta Resort
- Having the Redmans as house guests
- A long family walk at the nature preserve
- Finding out that a friend was praying for me through a very hard time. Thank You, Holy Spirit, for inspiring others to pray for those in trial.
- El Shaddai. I never knew that it meant “God Almighty.” When my struggles and suffering seem so huge, El Shaddai is bigger, stronger, and mightier!
- Field trip to Mission San Juan Capistrano, Zoomars, and boating around the Newport Harbor
- A wonderful OCEAN family supper introducing Sophia & Elijah Clark!
- Leading worship with Chris Lizotte. Hearing from Chris how the Lord saved him, changed him, and directed him. I am humbled by my brother in Christ. And, dang, that guy can play and sing!
- El Olam. This Name of God is a new one on me. Thank You, “Everlasting God”, that You are unchangeable and inexhaustible. Thank You that You never, never, never, never fail!
- A great day off doing absolutely nothing.
- El Elyon. Thank You, “Most High God”, that You are King! Thank You that You are sovereign in my life, supreme over everything and everyone.
- Papa's 89th birthday! Thank You, Lord, for my precious Papa.
- That the Lord is with us through challenges. Look it up. Challenge has something like 25 different meanings. I'm so grateful that God is with me through the challenges that are defined as "difficulties". Sometimes I feel like those challenges are more like the Lord "contesting" with me, or me with Him. Sometimes it's like he's daring me "I am your King, and this is what I'm commanding of you. What are you going to do about it? Do you have the chutzpah to follow Me or not?" That's probably not the most Biblical way to describe it. I'm not any more fond of going through that kind of challenge than the former, but I know that my King is with me through it.
- For good chocolate, good Cabernet, and good conversation with my honey after a really rotten and long day.
- That Evangeline's Super No Fun day lip ouchie wasn't more serious. Thank You, Lord for the Emergency Room, nice nurses, excellent doctors, fewer stiches that we thought were needed, and for neosporin! Thank You for being King over my children and reminding me that I cannot add one day to their lives or mine by worrying for their safety. (Matt. 6.27)
- The God keeps me on a short leash... He doesn't let me get away with anything. Not a single thing. Not ever. (Heb. 12.5-11)
- Saying goodbye to our friend, Ken, who has been an important part of our lives the last four years. We are so grateful for his wisdom and kindness and will miss him.
- That another name for God is Adonai, which conveys that He is the Provider. Thank You, Lord, that You provide exactly what I need every single day. (Matt. 6.5-13)
You came to us a man, in very nature God